Position Summary: Provide one to one support and behavioral interventions to clients in need of support with activities of daily living/community inclusion/behavioral health. Support will be provided in the appropriate locations such as the home setting, work, vocational/school and the community.
Summary of Essential Position Functions:
- Community Support Staff will provide support to participants in acquiring, retaining, and improving communication, socialization, self-direction, self-help, and adaptive skills necessary to reside in their community. Community Support Staff help facilitate the participant’s social interaction; use of natural supports and typical community services available to everyone as well as participation in education and volunteer activities when appropriate.
- Community Support Staff provides modeling of behavior, behavior support, intensive behavior episode intervention, training and cueing.
- Teaching and improving skills to help the clients remain active in their community. Support the client in social activities (ex. hobbies, shopping and attending events).
- Follow goals and objectives as listed on the clients Individual Support Plan (ISP).
Qualifications: Community Support Staff must be 18 years of age or older, have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent and/or Bachelor’s Degree level.
- Community Support Staff must be 18 years of age or older, have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent and/or Bachelor’s Degree level.
- All required Current clearances for Child Abuse, FBI and Pennsylvania State Criminal, as well as CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Completion of all required trainings developed by the Bureau of Autism Services.
- Knowledge of mental health problems and systems, managed care payers and community resources.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs, consistent access to Microsoft Word
- Reliable Transportation
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License
- Must be able to intervene and control agitated clients through non-physical interventions. Hazards can include risk of exposure to disease and risk of physical injury associated with clients who have the potential to act out or lose control.
|Job Category||Direct Support Staff|